We look for talented individuals who will continue our tradition of excellence, integrity and high-quality client service. We welcome candidates interested in joining a firm that demands the very best from its staff, and we provide the tools to help them meet that challenge. The firm employs over 350 staff members across numerous departments. Nonlegal positions are compensated commensurate with level of skill and experience. All inquiries are handled in confidence. Potential candidates should submit a written application, including a resume.
Accounts Payable Coordinator
Kramer Levin's New York office is seeking an experienced accounts payable coordinator to join its accounting department.
- Review/audit of high volume of operating expense invoices for accuracy of vendor invoice data and general ledger codes.
- Process checks on weekly basis based on vendor payment terms.
- Process various cost uploads via electronic upload and batch processing to Elite accounting system.
- Research and resolution of incorrect client/matter numbers rejected in cost batches.
- File vendor invoices pursuant to departmental retention policies.
- Provide supporting documentation for billing department requests.
- Special projects to be assigned by accounting payable supervisor.
- Must have a college degree with basic accounting courses.
- Minimum of two years experience at a law firm or professional service firm.
- Must have Elite (Elite or Elite 3E) accounting system experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Possess strong problem-solving and oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work with small department.
- Candidate should be organized, detailed-oriented and able to work in a team environment.
Managing Attorney Clerk
Kramer Levin’s Managing Attorney’s Office is looking for an entry level law clerk. This opportunity is perfect for a recent college graduate considering going to law school.
- Filing documents at all federal and state courts by hand or electronically.
- Interacting with judges' chambers and court personnel.
- Assisting with monitoring court dates and processing litigation documents.
- Serving documents, and various office duties.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree from a credible university or college.
- Excellent computer research skills.
- Ability to take initiative and to think on their feet.
- Highly motivated with a keen attention to detail.
Office Services Coordinator
Kramer Levin's Menlo Park office is currently seeking an experienced, full time office services coordinator.
- Maintain supply inventory – Orders, receives and stores supplies in supply room and kitchens.
- Stock and clean supply room and kitchens daily.
- Sorting and delivery of mail.
- Preparing and delivering packages to Federal Express – must have a car.
- Set up offices for new and visiting attorneys.
- Photocopying, scanning and binding legal documents.
- Conference room/kitchen set up and cleaning before and after meetings and parties.
- Working with IT department trouble shooting computer problems, which will sometimes require you to come in early and/or stay late.
- Preparing vendor reimbursement requests.
- Relieve receptionist for lunch and breaks.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- One to three years of office services experience, preferably with a law firm.
- Candidate will frequently lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lift or move between 50-100 pounds.
- Attention to detail and time management skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Great communication and customer service skills.
- Strong copy, scanning and binding skills.
- Working knowledge of mail processes such as postage machine and Federal Express.
- IT experience is a plus.
To Apply/Contact Information
Cindy B. Arnold
Managing Director, Chief Human Resources Officer
Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP is an equal opportunity employer; the firm actively seeks diversity among its staff. The firm does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, mental or physical handicap or disability, age, citizenship status, alienage, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression or any other criteria prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law.